Sweeten your breakfast with these banana pancakes! Great for weekends with your family.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (2 small bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk mashed banana, butter, egg, buttermilk, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add wet to dry and stir with spatula. Don't overmix.
- Heat skillet medium-low, grease with butter.
- Drop batter in 1/3 cup portions onto skillet, spreading to form even circles until bubbly, then flip, cooking a couple minutes on each side.
Mixing the Ingredients
Gently mix. I used bananas that were ripe with a few dark spots on the peel. They cooked well.