We're having a lot of fun with the sourdough starter kit that our niece, Drew got me for Christmas. This to me was one of the least scary sourdough recipes. Check out this flatbread that we made on the skillet. For reference, here is the starter kit: https://ballerinafarm.com/products/willa-and-jar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Sourdough Starter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Honey
- Olive Oil for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Knead the mixture for a couple of minutes
- Cover mixture with foil, seran wrap or cloth for 2-24 hours. The longer it sits the more sour the flavor.
- Roll mixture out until it's 1/8 inch to 1/4inch thick on a flour surface (I typically lay down some parchment paper because sourdough can be sticky).
- Once it is rolled out cut into 8-10 pieces, while cutting them turn the cast iron frying pan on medium heat with olive oil.
- Take 1-3 pieces of the sourdough flatbread mimxture and place in the warmed up frying pan. Cook for 1-3 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked enjoy fresh or heated up the next day with some yummy local honey or butter.
Other Fun Recipes
We change the recipe every time we make this soup.
No Bake Cookies
These are simple to make but require one key moment of timing. You must bring them to a boil for 150 seconds to get the desired texture and consistency. Great for a quick snack, for those who do not have time to cut a slice of pie.